Sunday, November 2, 2008

Humbled

Completed A-100 on Friday. Starting Monday, my remaining training at FSI is geared toward my job in Mumbai. I'll get South Asia area studies, consular training, and miscellaneous safety seminars before I'm shipped out in February. I am off on my own adventure! My classmates all begin their own individual training schedules, too. They're a truly amazing group, and I know I've made some lifelong friends in the last 7 weeks.

When our course coordinator pointed out that, starting Monday, each of the 90 people in our class will be going in 90 different directions, all in the service of our country, I felt a little shiver go down my spine. I'm one of those 90 people. Not just some nameless, faceless person in the back of a classroom, but an individual--one of 90. I am a member of the 141st A-100 class. I am an official representative of the Government of the United States of America.

Wow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is very awesome. I am so glad for you and proud! It is one of those moments that strikes you and no matter what words are put to the test in explaining it, it is something one has to be and experience.

:)