Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's like Christmas!

My UAB (Unaccompanied Air Baggage) arrived today! The packers helped me dump everything on the bed and couch so they could take the boxes and packing debris away. So I am now in possession of everything I previously owned which I will have access to before I get to my first post.

This is a relief. Especially since the only "To" address on the boxes when they left my parents' house was "Washington, DC." Umm. Okay, sure. That'll definitely get them to my apartment in a timely fashion and without mishap. Don't you agree? Nonetheless, I decided that I'd hold off the panic inherent in my not knowing something which I consider of vital interest (like, the whereabouts of half my suits and a box of books?), and put follow-up on hold until I'd been here for a couple of weeks.

I was rewarded last Friday when I got an email saying that my stuff was here and ready to be dropped off. And today I finally had time to be here to make sure everything was here and that they'd make the boxes go away. The result? Everything (minus packing debris) seems to be here! The place is starting to feel almost homey now.

No comments: