Monday, October 13, 2008

Countdown

We're still two weeks off from Flag Day. (Okay. Eleven days, but who's counting?) People keep asking if I'm anxious to know where I'm going. Honestly? No, not really. I'm much more interested in seeing all the family flying in for my cousin's wedding--which I must miss, alas, because it is occurring simultaneously with the Flag Day ceremony. I'm not pleased about that. At least there's the family brunch the next day, and I will most definitely be in attendance then. I'm also much more interested in another cousin having her baby. So much is changing for my family in the next couple of weeks. It's very exciting.

Now, Flag Day is also exciting, don't get me wrong. I really want to see where all my classmates end up, watch their excitement as the next chapter unfolds for each of them. But as for where I end up? Eh. They'll send me somewhere. Life's bound to be interesting, wherever I go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really want to know where you are going so I know if I can have my wedding there or not

Chip P. said...

Ha! Occasionally they have been known to change the assignments even after Flag Day, so until I actually get sent to post and don't get kicked out of the country, it's kinda up in the air. Things should be clear next Friday, though. It's not that far off.

I still need to know if you'll be in town and available to see to me the following week, Missy!

Anonymous said...

I will know on friday what my work schedule looks like for that week.

Anonymous said...

I like how you say you not counting down when the title of the entry is COUNTDOWN. But yeah dont worry about where your going, that wont change it.

Chip P. said...

Exactly.

I'm not the one counting down. The relatives keep asking me about it. And you know Mom is excited to visit next week. Everyone around me is counting down. One of the guys in my class can even tell you the exact number of minutes. Given the level of interest everyone else has expressed, it seemed appropriate to mention the countdown, even if I'm not particularly keeping track of it myself.

As for where I'll be going, all will be revealed in time. It's all good. Given that Greece is not an option this time, I know you don't really care where I end up. :P